More and more organisations see the added value of a webinar compared to other ways to communicate. It is therefore logical that more organisations choose to use webinars for different purposes. After that, the organisation have to choose: will we go for a cheap webinar or quality? In this article we explain the differences to you so that hopefully you can make the best fitting choice.
The different types of webinars
There are three different types of webinars:
- Webinar that only uses a PowerPoint and audio. Only the voice of the speaker can be heard here.
- Webinar where video is also used by means of a webcam. The speaker is also visible here. This is the simple option.
- Webinar with professional audio and video equipment. There are many additional options such as interaction. We call this the professional variant and is often recorded in a professional webinar studio.
The simple option
Is the price a major obstacle for you and do you prefer a cheap webinar? Within the simple option, only audio equipment is used. You won’t need more than a laptop and a headset. Do you want to use video? Then you can choose to record your presentation with a webcam. These types of webinars are the so-called ‘do-it-yourself’ solutions. Of course, the costs can vary per provider. The costs vary from between € 750 and € 6,000 per year. Most licenses from providers of the simple option can only be closed annually.
The professional option
Is prestige or quality of your organisation highly valued? Choose the professional option! A professional webinar uses professional cameras (your webinar is then in HD quality) and sound equipment in a webinar studio with a green screen. You have a TV broadcast for a fraction of the price! You can choose:
- A full-service webinar in a professional webinar studio;
- A full-service webinar at a location of your choice;
- A self-service license (self-broadcasting unlimited webinars).
The differences between simple and professional
The big differences have already been mentioned above, but we have put them one more time for you to help you make the right choice.
- The presentation of the professional option is of the best quality by the cameras and sound equipment;
- There are more possibilities for ‘branding’;
- The webinar can be better secured with, for example, a password. This is particularly important for internal communication;
- A professional webinar works on every device and browser;
- With a professional webinar you are extensively supported and guided;
Will you choose a cheap webinar or a professional webinar?
There is no wrong choice. This depends entirely on your organisation and its characteristics. Would you like to take a look in a real webinar studio? Please contact us. Are you curious about what a professional webinar looks like? View one of our “Webinars about Webinars“.