May 25th comes closer and closer. The day that the GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation, takes effect. Company Webcast is fully committed to achieving compliance with the GDPR before the regulation enters into force. Via a thorough review of all data + processes, followed up with an action plan, Company Webcast ensures that they are GDPR proof before the deadline.
What is GDPR?
With the new regulation GDPR, the replacement of the 1995 data protection directive, Europe wants to impose restrictions on companies that collect endless personal data. This regulation contains guidelines on how companies should deal with the storage and processing of personal data.
This regulation is based on a number of principles:
- Transparency: the person whose details are processed has given permission for this.
- Purpose limitation: the personal data are collected for a legitimate purpose and may not be used for other purposes.
- Data limitation: only the necessary data may be collected.
- Accuracy: the personal data must be and remain correct.
- Storage restriction: the personal data may not be kept longer than for the intended purpose.
- Integrity and confidentiality: personal data must be protected against unauthorized access, loss or destruction.
- Accountability: the controller must be able to demonstrate compliance with these rules.
Data security highest priority
Data security has the highest priority at Company Webcast. This is why we’ve been certified for ISO 27001 (Information Security) for years. An extensive inventory has been carried out by our security officer and an external expert. This gives us a good insight into which personal data Company Webcast has, where it is stored and who processes it.
Our webinars are already GDPR proof
Company Webcast is ahead in the market when it comes to offering GDPR proof webinars.
- To be able to follow a webinar, the registration form asks you to opt-in. You hereby demonstrably consent to the storage and receipt of an e-mail from our mailing list.
- Agreements are concluded with the relevant customers and suppliers with agreements about the processing and storage of personal data.
- Are your details already known to us? No worries. You will soon be contacted by us to give permission or not to process your data. If you do not give permission, we will delete your data from our CRM system.
If you have any questions or would like more information about how Company Webcast complies with the new regulation and ensures that our webinars are GDPR proof, please feel free to contact us.