Recent research shows a yearly growth of the Webcast market of 15% to a total of 600 million dollar in 2016.
The ‘Global Web Event Services Market’ report of Frost & Sullivan (May 2012) gives an interesting view of the global Webcast market and the growth for the years ahead.
Some interesting findings are summarized below:
- Webcast and Webinars differentiate (in options and purpose) from Web Conference Solutions like WebEx, Microsoft Lync, Skype etc.
- Global Webcast market grew 14,2% in 2011 to reach more than 300 million dollar.
- Large part of this turnover came from North America (77%), followed by EMEA (18%).
- Demand for Webcasts and Webinars has increased as companies continue to seek travel costs savings and look to extend the reach of their events.
- Webcasts and Webinars turnover will grow 15% yearly to 600 million dollar in 2016.
- Webcast providers will shift to ‘Do It Yourselves’ Webcast solutions.
- Webcasts and Webinars have positioned itself as a legitimate communication tool, that have the functionality and features needed to deliver an immediate ROI.
- Social Media integration will become more important and are opening new opportunities.