Financial service providers must communicate with many different stakeholders such as (potential) customers, employees, intermediaries and other interested parties. It’s important to be able to properly inform and involve all stakeholders in your organization and its developments. But how do you ensure that you reach everyone in a personal and effective way?
Webinars are very suitable as a (strategic) communication tool for financial service providers
With a professional webinar, you have a cost-efficient, powerful and interactive tool to get and retain the attention of employees, (potential) customers and intermediaries. You can use a webinar in a highly targeted group. Participants can easily participate in the office or from home. The only thing needed for this is a desktop, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection. Participants can see the speakers, follow the presentation (slides) or live demo and participate in the broadcast via a chat or poll. The webinar can be broadcast live but is also available afterwards. Important information is retained and interested parties can still view the webinar afterwards.
Example webinar applications for financial service providers
There are many ways in which financial service providers use webinars. Below you can see some examples of these applications:
- Internal webinars for informing employees about (important) topics and periodic updates.
- Training your employees; the interactive webinar can also be expanded with a test.
- Inform customers about important topics, product updates and more.
- Inform potential customers and generate leads.
- Provide intermediaries with the correct (product) information, organizational developments and updates.
- Events that take place physically in, for example, an auditorium broadcast live and made available (afterwards). This increases the range and preserves the information.
- Informing private investors about the stock market, current developments, products and services.
- Fund information aimed at professional investors..
- Pension communication aimed at pension participants or employers. See also our page about Pension webinars.
Few organizations can claim to have more than 10 years of experience with webinars. BinckBank can! In 2009, they organized the first webinar and since then, webinars have become one of the main channels for maintaining contact with customers and to reach out to potential customers. Almost weekly, BinckBank produces independent webinars through a self-service webinar studio at the office. Click on the image to view the webinars of BinckBank or view the entire BinckBank reference case here.
Kempen Asset Management is a specialized asset manager with a strong focus and a selective investment vision. To inform its (potential) clients such as asset managers, pension funds, banks, foundations, insurers and family offices about Kempen Global Small-cap fund, they have organized a webinar in which it explains the fund, the investment policy and the process.
NWB Bank serves local authorities (water boards, municipalities and provinces) and institutions. The clientele consists of a large part of social organizations, such as institutions for social housing, health care, education and activities in the field of water and environment. For its new internet application, the NWB Portal, they organized a webinar for the introduction. The webinar also largely consisted of a demo of the application. 90% of the hundreds of participants rated the webinar with an 8 or higher. Afterwards, 97% indicated that they found a webinar a good method for the transfer of information..
MN is responsible for a.o the pension communication of pension funds PMT, PME and BPF. MN has already organized various webinars for the PMT and PME pension fund on various topics. Because of the success of the webinars, which sometimes has thousands of live viewers, MN will broaden its range of webinars and thereby focus on other target groups. View the webinar below about pension options for participants.