Increasingly, legal education and courses are offered to students via online webinars. For students, this is an easy way to achieve the required score. Legal webinars are a very suitable accreditation tool by combining the webinar with a registration module and a test.
Besides online legal education, webinars are also used by law firms to demonstrate knowledge leadership, inform customers or employees and generate leads. Webinars are very suitable for informing and involving these stakeholders in a personal and effective way.
Everyone can easily participate in a live webinar: all you need is a desktop, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection. Webinar participants can see the speakers, follow the presentation or live demo, take a test and participate directly in the broadcast through a chat or poll. The webinar can be broadcast live but is also available afterwards. This has the advantage that important information is retained and everyone can consult the webinar again afterwards. And that’s a good thing!
Did you know that the average viewing time for a live webinar is on one hour and 55 minutes? This time indicates the power of webinars to be able to communicate truly substantive messages.
Webinar applications for Law firms & Legal trainers
There are many different ways in which law firms and legal trainers use webinars. You can read the most important applications below:
- Online legal courses: nowadays webinars can be followed for all legal areas that serve as short courses. These online courses often last 1 to 2 hours, are accredited and will provide the student with PE or PO points.
- Thought Leadership: for lawyers, it’s important to profile themselves as a thought leader in certain areas of law. Webinars are very suitable for Thought Leadership broadcasts in which, for example, an expert deals with important and current events in the field. Law firms claim authority with this.
- Recruitment: webinars are also suitable for recruitment purposes. It’s a simple and accessible way to introduce potential or future employees to the office and its employees, in a personal and effective way. And of course interactive!
- Internal communication: webinars make it possible to keep employees informed of important themes and developments within the organization. Many law firms have multiple offices in different cities and even different countries. Via webinars, it’s possible to involve and inform everyone simultaneously in a personal way.
- Physical meetings: many law firms have their own auditorium or training room, from where various internal or external events are organized. By recording and broadcasting these events live, you can increase the reach with an online audience, but also save the knowledge of these physical meetings and share them afterwards.
- Customer communication: customers can easily be reached and kept informed of current developments and themes through online webinars.
HVG Law mainly uses webinars to catch up with clients on current legal developments. The most important advantages of webinars are that it fits with the rise of video marketing. The presentation is given by real people and you can ask live questions. The webinar can be viewed afterwards and you can easily share the content.
You can read the entire HVG Law reference case here
Lexlumen is a renowned legal trainer based in the Netherlands, who until now mainly offered classroom courses. Lexlumen will soon also be offering webinars for lawyers, notaries, corporate lawyers and HR managers.
Do you want more information about the possibilities of our Next Generation Webinars? Fill in the contact form on the website and we will contact you. Of course, you can also give us a call.